FIFA To Re-examine Technology After Errors
By Dialogo June 30, 2010
FIFA President Sepp Blatter promised to re-open the file on goalline technology, while warning the French government not to meddle with the running of the country’s Football Federation. The head of soccer’s governing body apologized for the mistakes that have blighted the World Cup and said it would be “nonsense” not to re-consider using technology.
“It is obvious that after the experiences so far at this World Cup it would be a nonsense not to re-open the file on goalline technology,” Blatter said at a briefing with selected media Tuesday.
Sepp Blatter also apologized for the refereeing mistakes that have blighted the World Cup and said soccer’s governing body would look again at introducing goalline technology.
The national soul-searching and high-level meetings looks set to continue in France after the team’s World Cup fiasco despite FIFA warning French politicians to beware of meddling in the running of soccer.
Outgoing coach Raymond Domenech and French Football Federation (FFF) president Jean-Pierre Escalettes, who has also announced his resignation, will both appear at a parliamentary commission Wednesday, a National Assembly spokesman said on Tuesday.